Friday, March 4, 2011

Yoga makes me feel fat

Yoga is a wonderfully introspective practice. My fiancée told me once years ago that the difference between kung fu and yoga was that while the focus of practice in kung fu is extrinsic, yoga is entirely internal. I didn't really know what to say at the time, but now that I have been practicing yoga for a little bit, I realize she was completely right. Practicing yoga has made me start to perceive some of my physical nuances and also has made me slightly aware of the geography in my own body.

What it has made me MORE aware of, however, is that I'm fat. Really really fat. Any time I try to bend or twist anything, there is my fat, all up in my face and causing me all kinds of problems.

dammit.

1 comment:

  1. It's been a while since a simple drawing had me laughing that hard. I guess we can all identify with that feeling some days.

    ReplyDelete